Opportunity for Artists
The Draw to Perform online mentorship program for Drawing Performance practice.
What does the program offer?
DTP ONLINE is a unique program that offers professional artists and art students an opportunity for personally tailored mentorship in the art of drawing performance. The program is guided and mentored by Ram Samocha, a nationally and internationally acclaimed drawing performance artist and the founder of Draw to perform.
Who would benefit from the program?
There is a wide range of artists, designers, and other creative people who could benefit from exposure and training in drawing performance.
These include traditional fine art artists who focus on painting and drawing. These artists will benefit the creation of a live dialog with their viewer, which helps to enrich, augment and challenge the creative process.
On the other side are performance artists (dancers, actors, musicians) who wish to expand their range of expression. For these artists, the focus would be on finding how mark making, and the creation of a visual image can add an additional layer to their creation. These artists gain from expanding their creative toolbox with an additional powerful mode of expression.
The mentorship is also suited to individuals who are not necessarily from the artistic world but who wish to use performative and expressive art as part of holistic communication, therapy or as a meditative tool.
– Daily online one-on-one tutorials meetings with artist and curator Ram Samocha
– Online meeting and discussions with guest artist
– Talks and lectures about drawing and performance art
– Links to a wide range of publications and books about drawing and performance
– Opportunity to share and showcase work-in-progress
– Intensive promotion of your work via the Draw to Perform social media
– Live online screening of a drawing performance at the Draw to Perform FB page and YouTube channel
For more information about this program please visit DTP Online Mentorship
All rights reserved © 2022 Draw to Perform